Friday, July 10, 2015

server shenanigans - waffleholic

I LOVE being a process server. I work at my own level and my personal drive is the only thing that pushes me along that path. I drive a gazillion miles and am gone a lot on the road... and I earn money for my family and love the sights and the moments of this job. in this position, I feel free. I feel like a person, not a servant. I also have great stories that make my job worth every second.

there is no confidentiality in this job, so mentioning real names, is completely fine. I had two services for LADLE, LLC aka WAFFLEHOLIC and one for the owner of this business name VALINDA GARRISON. her storefront is @ 1661 Superior Ave, Costa Mesa. My thought when I know I have a business serve is "in and out and a fast money maker"!

I pull up. Waffleholic is in a small shopping center that is L shaped. and it's right at the 90 degree angle of the L. I see an unknown female standing out in front of the business as I pull up. I park and walk in. there is no human anywhere in sight. I think that maybe she went to the restroom. I stand in the restaurant for a minute taking in how it is organized and how it is all set up. im checking out the décor and getting a feel for where I am. in any other moment, this is a really cool little set up and such a fun little waffle house place. and the décor is on point! looks so good in this little place.

I walk out, check the public restroom just outside the business. I go back into the business and it's still empty. there is no response to "hello" and then "is there anyone in here?". so I go to the one business that has employees in it and they are concerned where the owner is, because they said she never leaves it unattended. they are outside of their own business looking for the owner of waffleholic.

I at this point am 99% sure she is hiding from me. there is just no way with the set up of the shopping center that she could have left the area. so I go behind all of the "employees only" areas. her cell phone is on the counter. there is no one by the register, the cash box or behind any of the up front counters. I go into the kitchen and I look around very well.

I find the woman crouched into a ball, literally in fetal position, between the fridge and another appliance. seriously? she tells me she is not accepting anything. I told her that legally I didn't need her to take these from me, that she has been served and I left the documents on the counter.

she walks out mumbling all this craziness under her breath. she gets into her green ford fusion and actually drives away! seriously?

as a server, I know I have effected a legal and good service of process. I find it amazingly hilarious that she tried hiding from me. she obviously was unaware of my desire to earn money. and I only earn money at the completion of a service. so I was not leaving until I had served the business.

and there you have it. a great story during one of my days of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment