Saturday, February 1, 2014

try by P!nk

Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try
Gotta get up and try, and try, and try
You gotta get up and try, and try, and try


today I find myself in a situation where I feel so many disruptive things. unsure, sad, hurt, scared, nervous, timid, unconfident, weak, tired, confused. the kind of moment where I am taking more deep breaths than normal ones. so I choose to take a walk. I put both my ear plugs in and blast P!nk, as loud as possible for my little ears, as she seems to be my go to a lot. and this song comes on... and I decide to listen to it a billion times, as I do with any song I seem to love, play it so much until the others around me can just simply not hear it any more. hahahaha...

with everything I choose in my life, there is a chance of hurt and heartache and pain. there is also a chance of success and happiness and happy, irreplaceable memories. my options are to stay inside my own little box and stay as safe as possible not feeling happiness and not feeling hurt... or get the hell out there and experience life. and enjoy and hurt and laugh and cry! life is meant to be lived, not wasted. I am going to go after the things that are right for me. if I get hurt on my journey, then I know that I did my best and will have no regrets. I cannot wake up with regrets about life and things I chose to do.

after my divorce, I was given a second chance. an opportunity to live the best me, and today I have to remind myself that I have to get up and "try, try, try". I always tell my kids, "if you are trying your very best, you cannot be in trouble". I gotta put my money where my mouth is and try my best... this is a scary storm for me, and I am going to dance my way through it... sing loud and be proud of my choices and decisions. grateful for life experiences where I learned to weather these times... and the confidence in myself and who I am...

thanks beautiful P!nk for the reminder today!



No comments:

Post a Comment