Saturday, February 13, 2010

grass is greener...


i am one to always criticize myself. one to second guess and question myself. which leads to comparing myself to others and evaluating myself in comparison to the people around me. i have learned that this is a very unproductive behavior. i have been working on concentrating on ME. and what MY goals are. and how i want MY life to take flight.
this picture got me thinking... if i am feeling that someones grass is greener than mine... i should not attempt to make mine green as the other grass... i should actually find the reason my side has no grass or less green grass... why i feel like anothers is greener than mine... and water mine. it's a state of mind as i compare myself to another, that i am dead grass. i need to nourish me and my choices. make the proper adjustments to improve me.
as i concentrate on me and making my grass green... the fence between me and another field does not exist. i am me. and i am a dang good person. i deserve to be happy. i have much to be thankful for. my life is full.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you are blogging again. Thank you for your text the other day! I meant to send one back but my mom was in town, and we were running crazy! I hope things are going better with custody, I think about you often. We will probably be making a trip to LA for the summer but not sure when. Love the story about Eliot. he is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete